Voting is now closed! The top 32 will be announced Monday 20 September at 13:00
Tell us more about yourself:
What are your fitness goals?
- I would love to start competing in WBFF competitions within the next year, specifically the Bikini division, my goal is to eventually earn my pro card and start competing internationally
- I want to do a course in personal training and nutrition for my own personal growth and to be able to help others should they approach me in the gym
- I am currently training for Comrades 2020, it will be my first Comrades
- In general I want to build more muscle in my lower body and also work on my flexibility
- In the long term, living a healthy lifestyle so that I can be a fit grandma one day
- Feel good and pay less in medical bills
Any sporting / fitness achievements we should know about?
• Awarded Fittest Soldier at SA Airforce Basic Military Training 2009
• Selected to compete at the Virgin Active Global Grid Games 2019
• Selected twice(2) to represent South Africa at the U/23 International Lifesaving Competition in Japan 2007, 2008
• Provincial Colours in Biathlon 2000-2008
• Provincial Colours in Netball 2007,2008
• Provincial Colours in Swimming 2004-2008
• Provincial Colours in Athletics 2003
Why do you think you’re the USN Face of Fitness?
I have always found myself pushing the limits in anything I do, and I believe that I can do anything I put my mind to. It was during the hard times in these pursuits that I found my escapism – gymming, running, stretching, moving my body.
Over time, I fell in love with fitness in totality and taking care of my temple. I am still human and do enjoy the occasional naughty foods, that’s life, nobody is perfect. However, I discovered that eventually, you would get addicted to the great feeling. It’s the possibilities that eating healthily and being fit brings to one’s life; that feeling makes it all worth it! You yearn it, and my greatest wish is that everyone can get to this point.
Give time to yourself, and over time, little by little, a little becomes a lot! This is probably the most important lesson I have learnt in my own discovery of health and fitness.
I am ready to put all my energy into this project, being the USN Face of Fitness, and if given the platform, this is a message and a part of me that I would love to share.